A1000 12494 views
A top quality drive: silent, beautiful, and incredibly powerful. Perfectly designed functions open a new field with A1000. Integrating the latest vector control technology in a general purpose drive with the performance of a higher order demanded by the drives industry.
The Most Advanced Drive Technology
Maximum applicable motor capacity (kW) indicates capacity under heavy-duty (HD) rating.
- Capable of driving any kind of motor.
A1000 runs not only induction motors, but also synchronous motors like IPM and SPM motors with high performance current vector control.
- Minimize equipment needed for your business by using the same drive to run induction and synchronous motors.
- Switch easily between motor types with a single parameter setting.
Rotor Positioning without Motor Encoder
- Use an IPM motor to perform position control without motor feedback.
Electrical saliency in IPM motors makes it possible to detect speed, direction, and rotor position without the use of a motor encoder.
- Precision positioning functionality without an up-per controller.
Visual programming in DriveWorksEZ lets the user easily create a customized position control sequence, without the use a motor encoder.
Cutting-Edge Torque Characteristics
- Powerful torque at 0 Hz, without a motor encoder∗
Once out of reach for AC drives, Yaskawa now offers advanced control features without a motor encoder. Achieve even more powerful starting torque at zero speed with an IPM motor.
∗ : No speed sensors or pole sensors required.
∗1 : Achieving this torque output requires a larger capacity drive.
∗2 : Contact your Yaskawa or nearest agent when using PM motors except SSR1 series or SST4 series motors manufactured by Yaskawa Motor Co., Ltd.
[Advanced Open Loop Vector Control for PM with an IPM motor]
Comparing the speed control range
[Advanced Open Loop Vector Control for PM with an IPM motor]
- High-performance current vector control achieves powerful starting torque with an induction motor.
Powerful starting torque with an induction motor.
*: Achieving this torque output requires a larger capacity drive.
Loaded with Auto-Tuning Features
- Auto-Tuning features optimize drive parameters for operation with induction motors as well as synchronous motors to achieve the highest performance levels possible.
- Perfects not only the drive and motor performance, but also automatically adjusts settings relative to the connected machinery.
A variety of ways to automatically optimize drive settings and performance
Note: This type of Auto-Tuning is available only for motors less than 450 kW using an encoder.
- Brand-new Auto-Tuning methods.
A1000 continuously analyzes changes in motor characteristics during run for highly precise speed control.
- Smooth low speed operation thanks to even better torque ripple suppression.
Comparing torque ripple at zero speed (Closed Loop Vector)
Tackling Power Loss and Recovery
- A1000 offers two ways to handle momentary power loss.
- A1000 is capable of handling momentary power loss for induction motors as well as synchronous motors without the use of a motor encoder.
Easily find the speed of a coasting motor for a smooth restart.
Applications : Perfect for fans, blowers, and other rotating, fluid-type applications.
Keep the motor running without allowing it to coast.
Applications : Highly recommended for film lines and other applications requiring continuous operation.
Note: Requires a separate sensor to detect power loss.
The drive may trip depending on load conditions, and the motor coast to stop.
- Ride through power loss for up to 2 seconds.∗
Crucial for semi-conductor manufacturers
No need to purchase a backup power supply
Detects, outputs an undervoltage signal during power loss
∗ : The Momentary Power Loss Recovery Unit option may be required depending on the capacity of the drive.
Even More and More Compact
- Note : Always select a drive with a current rating greater than the motor rated current.
Customize Your Drive
Immediate setup with Application Presets
A1000 automatically sets parameters needed for most major applications.
Simply selecting the appropriate application instantly optimizes the drive for top performance, saving enormous time setting up for a trial run.
Example using Application Presets
Selecting "Conveyor" optimizes five parameter settings so the drive is ready to start running your conveyor application immediately.
Variety of Braking Functions
- Overexcitation deceleration brings the motor to an immediate stop without the use of a braking resistor.
- All models up to 30 kW are equipped with a braking transistor for even more powerful braking options by just adding a braking resistor.
All Major Serial Network Protocols
- RS-422/485 (MEMOBUS/Modbus at 115.2 kbps) standard on all models.
- Option cards available for all major serial networks used across the globe: PROFIBUS-DP, DeviceNet, CC-Link, CANopen, LONWORKS, MECHATROLINK-II, MECHATROLINK-III∗, among others.
- ∗ : Available soon
- Note : Registered trademarks of those companies.
- Less wiring and space-saving features make for easy installation and maintenance.
- Software for cranes, and for high-frequency output applications, are available.
Long Life Performance
Ten Years of Durable Performance
- Cooling fan, capacitors, relays, and IGBTs have been carefully selected and designed for a life expectancy up to ten years.∗
- ∗ : Assumes the drive is running continuously for 24 hours a day at 80% load with an ambient temperature of 40°C.
- Thanks to relatively low copper loss in the rotor and a cool shaft during operation, synchronous motors have a bearing life twice that of induction motors.
Performance Life Monitors
The First Terminal Board with a Parameter Backup Function
- The terminal block's ability to save parameter setting data makes it a breeze to get the application back online in the event of a failure requiring drive replacement.
A1000 Terminal Block
Engineering Tool DriveWizard Plus
Parameter Copy Function
- All standard models are equipped with a Parameter Copy function using the keypad that allows parameter settings to be easily copied from the drive or uploaded for quick setup.
- A USB Copy Unit is also available as an even faster, more convenient way to back up settings and instantly program the drive.